Dear EAZM Family,
Bo, Joanne, Elizabeth, and I will be departing on Thursday to travel to Kenya. We will be there for about 2 weeks. There are a number of things we are hoping to do on this trip including:
- Investigate options for putting a well on our land and begin that process
- Work with the grandmothers to increase the production of food on their land
- Work with the women who are starting to make baskets and other goods as small businesses
- Visit some of the new fellowships in areas surrounding Machakos for teaching and encouragement
- Meet with James to assess his new business in Kibunga
- Visit homes of the grandmothers and children in the program
The Lord seems to always open up new doors and relationships as we go, so we are trying to have enough wiggle room in our schedule to be open to new possibilities. We are praying and believing for wisdom to know which steps to take and who to work with as we continue to progress towards sustainability and self-sufficiency for our Kenyan friends. Prayers for wisdom and opportunities would be much appreciated.
Attached are pictures of some of the baskets that about 10 of our grandmothers started making. The women started this on their own and Esther sent me pictures a few weeks ago. We are excited to meet with these women and see if we can empower them to continue to pursue their small business.
Thanks for your prayers!