We arrived safely last night in Machakos. This morning we met with the grandmothers to discuss a variety of ways to empower them to become more self-sufficient. It was a really great time together. We discussed the lack of food and the different causes and also asked for their input on solutions. The goal was to only facilitate discussion and idea sharing and to avoid offering solutions from American perspectives.
Thanks for your prayers!
Dear EAZM Family,
- Investigate options for putting a well on our land and begin that process
- Work with the grandmothers to increase the production of food on their land
- Work with the women who are starting to make baskets and other goods as small businesses
- Visit some of the new fellowships in areas surrounding Machakos for teaching and encouragement
- Meet with James to assess his new business in Kibunga
- Visit homes of the grandmothers and children in the program